Pros: scalable smooth and flowy fun for intermediate to advanced skill levels
Cons: wish it was longer!
Tip: get the real-time location Galbraith trail map for your phone. It’s the only $15 thing you’ll buy in your life that you will consider “priceless”.
Trail Organization: WMBC (Whatcom Mountain Bike Coalition). Visit their site and support them here.
Unemployment Line is a smooth and flowy intermediate/advanced jump trail. This trail can be ridden by most intermediate-level riders, as the 40 jumps are either rollable or optional. More advanced riders can take advantage of the well-designed doubles and the 2 optional gaps.
The berms are big and allow you to carry speed through the entire trail. The trail builders clearly spent a lot of time and effort perfecting this trail. There is only one wood feature, Slayer drop, at the start of the trail.
- Park at the lot at 4994 Samish Way
- Head east across Samish Way onto Galbraith Lane
- Keep straight onto the pipeline road
- At the bottom of Last Call, take the double track
- Follow the double track across a large wooden bridge to the Checkpoint Alpha kiosk
- From the kiosk head up the road
- Keep right at Blue Rock
- Keep right at Red Rock, and soon you’ll reach the top of Unemployment Line
Kids Mountain Bikes And More
We offer resources and stories for mountain biking families. Here, you may find your child’s next bike with our kids’ mountain bikes database. You can also get tips for mountain biking with your kids, read gear reviews, and see some great places to ride your bikes.
Your MTB Family Is Awesome
Do you have a story to share? Contact Us and tell us about your family’s latest-and-greatest adventures while mountain biking. Did you get new mountain bike for your young girl or boy? Did they ride a new trail or join a NICA team?