We have a hard time finding mountain biking shorts that fit our skinny kids’ waists while not being too short. The Fox Youth Ranger shorts are specifically designed for mountain biking. These sturdy shorts have withstood several months of summer riding including a slide-out crash that removed a few layers of skin under the shorts – which did not rip.
We highly recommend getting mountain bike specific shorts for your young rider. Although your kid can definitely ride a bike in any shorts they have, mountain bike shorts have some added features to make riding more enjoyable.
The Fox Youth Ranger Shorts include:
- Stretchy polyester fabric – importantly, these shorts are comfortable, quick drying, and lightweight.
- Adjustable waistband – this feature will cinch to fit now. Then grow with your kid to fit them later.
- Good sized leg holes – particularly important when riding with knee pads.
- Detachable padded spandex liner – give your kiddo some added comfort for those longer mountain bike rides
- Pockets! – these shorts include two hand pockets and two cargo pockets. The left pocket has a zip closure (perfect for a lift pass); the right has a Velcro closure.
Our son has worn the Fox Ranger Shorts on many of our family trips and adventures. We highly recommend Fox Youth Ranger shorts!